A Month of Firsts

| Posted in ,

Karyn Brown
June 1, 2010







1. first non-car commute to work of 2010
2. first use of pink duct tape
3. first having to STOP skiing due to DKA symptoms which resulted in #4 - boooooooo
4. first insulin pump set change in ski area parking lot
5. first full lap non-stop in a pool while breathing  **this is SUPER important and led to #6
6. signed up for FIRST EVER triathlon

7. hiking for turns in the upper chutes at A-Basin – OMG!  Incredible... especially in MAY!!!
8. wore bike shorts and jersey while skiing AND while running
9. first BRICK, bike then run immediately after
10. Ran in my very first 10K event - Bolder Boulder
11. First ride in Moab on my 'new-to-me' mountain bike (while wearing my WILD outfit!)
12. remember #1 & #2?  They resulted in the first time to run my bike into a parking garage after a LONG commute in.  Was tired, rode into the parking garage where I had left my car the day before, put bike on top of car in rack and immediately ran it into a low-hanging sign.  Ripped rack and bike off of car, shattered rear window (repaired with pink duct tape).  Window replaced and bike in shop getting upgraded (yeah, upgrades!!!!!!!) shifters and wheelset - AND PINK HANDLEBAR TAPE.



So, all in all, not a bad month of firsts, I'd say!

Next month's FIRSTS include competing in my first triathlon, going to my first triathlon camp, and .....???  Who knows but I'm excited to find out!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment