A Little Motivation, Please

| Posted in , ,

Jennifer Ahn
July 31, 2010







I have felt a little stressed out and less motivated of late. This often happens to me after a year of accomplishing something, then working on that same goal for the subsequent year. I started running a couple years back and felt rejuvenated by a new form of exercise. I felt like I had to go out and run. I ran my first 5K and felt great. I felt like I really accomplished something with that training, even though it was a 5K. The following year, I trained for a half marathon. This was exciting to me as well as it was a new distance. I felt motivated by this goal and was inspired to keep working at that goal. Last year, as most of you know, I did the Longhorn Half Ironman. Again… a new goal established with motivation to keep working at it. I had signed up for a few half marathons to help train. But, my motivation to actually run the runs was a little lacking. But, I ran them as they were part of the training.

Now, with training for Branson, I feel my motivation is waning. I look at the schedule of work-outs and look at it as work. Perhaps, I need a bigger goal established each year. I have a half marathon this weekend that I still have not decided if I want to run it. I know I should for training. Perhaps I’m tired. Perhaps I need some time off from training. Perhaps I need to set a higher goal for myself. I did set a personal goal for this year. This will be what I need to focus on to keep my motivation alive.

This brings me to think about next year and the potential Team WILD Ironman. If I choose to sign up for Ironman Wisconsin, I know it will be a lot of work. But, perhaps with a new lofty goal, I will find that motivation. Yes… I know… most people need motivation before signing up for a big race like an Ironman. With the help of Team WILD, I know anything can be accomplished.

Comment (1)

Post a Comment